Live French Football Roulette Rules
The game follows the standard French Roulette rules. It is played with a standard wheel (incidentally the word Roulette comes from the French for little wheel). The wheel is divided into 37 numbered segments, 0 to 36 inclusive, the croupier releases the ball into the wheel, and you bet on which segment it will come to rest on.
Players of Roulette will know that there are far more betting options than just single number bets. Thanks to the design of the wheel, with coloured numbers, and the layout of the numbers on the wheel and betting area, it is possible to bet on different groupings of numbers. The groupings may be numbers that are near each other on the wheel or betting area, or numbers that share a characteristic, such as all the even numbers.
French Roulette uses French betting terms and the basic bets are as follows:
- Plein (Straight Up): A bet on an individual number.
- Cheval (Split): A bet on two adjacent numbers on the betting area.
- Transversale Pleine (Street): A bet on three numbers that make up a line on the betting area.
- Carré (Corner): A bet on four numbers whose corners meet on the betting area.
- Transversale de Quatre (Four): A bet on the numbers 0, 1, 2 and 3.
- Transversale Simple (Line): A bet on two streets that are next to each other on the betting area.
- Colonne (Column): A bet on one of the columns of 12 numbers on the betting area.
- Douzaine (Dozen): A bet on the first group of numbers (1 – 12), the second (13 – 24) or the third (25 – 36).
- Rouge/Noir (Red/Black): A bet on all the black or all the red numbers.
- Pair / Impair (Even/Odd): A bet on all the even or all the odd numbers.
- Manque (1-18) / Passe (19-36) (Low/High): A bet on whether the ball will land on a low number (1 – 18) or a high number (19 – 36).
To the left of the main betting area is the Racetrack betting area where there are shortcuts to place a group of bets called Announce Bets:
- Voisins du Zero: A bet on the numbers that are next to 0 on the wheel, it covers the numbers 22 through to 25.
- Tiers Du Cylindre: A bet on the numbers that are directly opposite 0 on the wheel.
- Orphelins en Plein: A bet on the numbers that are not included in the Voisins du Zero or the Tiers Du Cylindre.
- Orphelins a Cheval: A special type of Orphelins bet that requires fewer chips.
- Jeu 7/9: A bet on all numbers that ending in 7, 8 and 9 (7, 8, 9, 17, 18, 19, 27, 28, 29).
- Jeu 0: A bet on the numbers that are immediately next to zero on the wheel.
- Finales en Plein: A bet on all the numbers that end in a specific digit (for example, 5, 15, 25, 35).
- Finales a Cheval: A series of bets that are placed on numbers ending in two digits. For example if a Finales a Cheval 4/5 is placed then chips are placed on 4/5, 14/15, 24/25, 34/35.
- Neighbour Bets: A bet on an individual number and between one and four numbers that are next to it on the wheel.
How a Round Works
You need to place your chips on the relevant segments on the betting area in the allocated betting time. When the betting time is up, the croupier will release the ball within the wheel. The ball will come to a stop and then you are paid out for any winning bets.
The game offers the standard Roulette payouts. The smallest payout is 1:1 for betting on large groups of numbers, such as the Manque, Passe, Pair, Impair, Rouge and Noir bets. Colonne and Douzaine bets payout at 2:1, Transversale Simple bets payout at 5:1, Carré bets payout at 8:1, Transversale Pleine bets payout at 11:1, Cheval bets pay at 17:1, and Plein bets offer the largest payouts of 35:1.
La Partage Rule
This special rule is unique to French Roulette. It states that if the ball lands on 0 then half of all even money bets are returned, these are bets on Red/Black, Even/Odd, and Manque/Passe.
Clicking on Lucky Dip will place chips on a number of random Plein betting position.
This allows you to save custom bets without having to worry about the time limit. You can use the regular betting area and the racetrack to create bets and then place them very quickly from then onwards.