How To Play
Roulette is based around a spinning wheel that has been divided into 37 numbered segments, from 0 to 36. The numbers on the wheel are coloured red or black, except for zero, which is green. A ball is released into the spinning wheel and players need to bet on which number it will come to rest on.
Thanks to the design of the wheel and the betting area there are many different types of bets you can place. In addition to betting on individual numbers, you can also bet on groups of numbers. These groups may be numbers that share characteristics, such as all the odd or even numbers, or they could be groups formed by the game’s layout.
This means that on the standard betting area you can place the following types of bet:
- Straight Up: A bet on a specific number.
- Split Bet: A bet on adjacent numbers on the betting area.
- Street Bet:A bet on three numbers in a vertical line (a street) on the betting area.
- Corner Bet:A bet on four numbers that meet on the betting area.
- Four Bet: A bet on the numbers 0, 1, 2 and 3.
- Line Bet: A bet on six numbers, two adjacent streets on the betting area.
- Column Bet: A bet on the twelve numbers of any horizontal line on the betting area.
- Dozen Bet:A bet on the first, second or third group of 12 numbers (1-12, 13-24 and 25-36).
- Red/Black Bet: A bet on the number being a specific colour.
- Even/Odd Bet: A bet on the number being Even or Odd.
- Low/High Bet: A bet on the number being low or high (1 – 18 or 19 – 36).
The game also features a Racetrack betting area and a number of shortcuts to make it easier to place various special bets. These bets can be found in the ‘Special’ menu and are as follows:
- Zero Game: This bet involves four chips, a Straight Bet on 26 and Split Bets on 0/3, 12/15 and 32/35.
- Red Splits: This is four Split Bets on all the red pairs, 9/12, 16/19, 18/21 and 27/30.
- Black Splits:This is seven Split Bets on all the black pairs, 8/11, 10/11, 10/13, 17/20, 26/29, 28/29 and 28/31.
- Orphelin Plein: This is eight Straight Bets on 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 31 and 34.
- Serie 0/2/3: This is seven Split Bets on 4/7, 12/15, 18/21, 29/22, 25/28, 26/29, 32/35 and two Street Bets on 0/2/3.
- Serie 5/8:This is six Split Bets on 5/8, 10/11, 13/16, 23/24, 27/30 and 33/36.
- Finale Plein: The player picks a digit between 0 – 9 and Straight Bets are placed on all numbers that end with that digit. For example if 0 is chosen then Straight Bets are placed on 0, 10, 20 and 30.
- Finale Cheval Plein:This is a combination of Straight and Split Bets. For example if a players places a Finale Cheval Plein 0/1 bet then Straight Bets are placed on 30 and 1 and Split Bets are placed on 01/, 10/11 and 20/21.
- Finale Cheval: Players again choose a pair of numbers, for example 0/3 and Split Bets are placed on pairs of numbers which end in those digits. For example a Final Cheval 0/3 places Split Bets on 0/3, 10/13, 20/23 and 30/33.
- Les Voisins du Zero: This is a bet on the numbers either side of 0 on the wheel; it encompasses the numbers 22 – 25 (as seen on the wheel). It includes seven Split Bets on 4/7, 12/15, 18/21, 19/22, 25/28, 26/29 and 32/35 as well as two Trio Bets on 0/2/3.
- Tiers Du Cylindre: This is a bet on the numbers opposite 0 on the wheel. Six Split Bets are placed on 5/8, 10/11, 13/16, 23/24, 27/30 and 33/36.
- Les Orphelins: This is a Straight Bet on 1 and four Split Bets on 6/9, 14/17, 17/20, 31/34.
Video Roulette also features the La Partage rule whereby if the ball comes to rest on zero then it will pay back half your stake on even money bets. The game also has a number of features to help players. There are loads of statistics available regarding previous spins including a “Heat Map”, “Hot” and “Cold” numbers, information on how many times the ball has landed on each number, statistics about even and odd numbers, red and black numbers and more.
Straight Up pays at 35:1, Split pays at 17:1, Street pays at 11:1, Corner/Four pays at 8:1, Line pays at 5:1, Column/Dozen pays at 2:1, 1st, 2nd and 3rd 12 pay at 2:1, and Low, High, Red, Black, Even and Odd all pay at 1:1.